Equal Opportunities PolicyCarousel Media is an equal opportunity employer, and has a policy for this purpose (the EOEP). This policy covers all aspects of employment, from vacancy advertising, selection recruitment and training to conditions of service and reasons for termination of employment.
To ensure that this policy is operating effectively (and for no other purpose) the company maintains records of employees' and applicants' racial origins, gender and disability.
Ongoing monitoring and regular analysis of such records provide the basis for appropriate action to eliminate unlawful direct and indirect discrimination and promote equality of opportunity.
The company's EOEP, and the measures to implement it, have been devised on the basis of advice from the relevant bodies as well as in consultation with appropriate union and/or employee representatives.
* Wherever possible, all vacancies will be advertised simultaneously internally and externally.
* Steps will be taken to ensure that knowledge of vacancies reaches underrepresented groups internally and externally.
* Wherever possible, vacancies will be notified to job centres, careers offices, schools, colleges, polytechnics, etc, with significant minority group rolls, as well as to minority press/media and organisations.
Selection and Recruitment
* Selection criteria (job description and employee specification) will be kept under constant review to ensure that they are justifiable on non-discriminatory grounds as being essential for the effective performance of the job.
* Wherever possible, more than one person must be involved in the selection interview and recruitment process, and all should have received training in equal opportunities.
* Wherever possible, women, minorities and disabled persons will be involved in the shortlisting and interviewing processes.
* Reasons for selection and rejection of applicants for vacancies must be recorded.
Positive Action - Training, Promotion and Conditions of Service
* Under-represented groups will be encouraged to apply for training and employment opportunities with the company. Wherever possible, special training will be provided for such groups to prepare them to compete on genuinely equal terms for jobs and promotion. However, actual recruitment to all jobs will be strictly on merit.
* Wherever possible, efforts will be made to identify and remove unnecessary/unjustifiable barriers and provide appropriate facilities and conditions of service to meet the special needs of disadvantaged and/or underrepresented groups.
* In order to ensure the effective operation of the equal opportunity policy (and for no other purpose) a record will be kept of all employees' and job applicants' gender, racial origins and disability.
* Where necessary, employees will be able to check/correct their own record of these details. Otherwise, access to this information will be strictly restricted. Such records will be analysed regularly, and appropriate follow-up action taken.
The objectives of this EOEP are to:
a) Ensure that the company has access to the widest labour market and secures the best employees for its needs.
b) Ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment, and that, wherever possible, they are given the help they need to attain their full potential to the benefit of the company and themselves.
c) Achieve an ability-based workforce which is in line with the working population mix in the relevant labour market areas.
d) The cooperation of all employees is essential for the success of this policy. However, ultimate responsibility for achieving the policy's objectives, and for ensuring compliance with the relevant Acts of Parliament as well as the various Codes of Practice, lies with the company. Behaviour or actions against the spirit and/or the letter of the laws on which this policy is based will be considered serious disciplinary matters, and may, in some cases, lead to dismissal.
Ritek Traxdata DVD-R47 G05 Grade A White Inkjet 8X f/f